Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
- 1 10 Best Iwatani Butane Torch
- 2 10 Best Iwatani Butane Torch Reviews
- 3 How long do butane torches last?
- 4 How safe are butane torches?
- 5 Can a butane torch explode?
- 6 Can you shake butane cans?
- 7 Why do torch lighters quit working?
- 8 How hot do butane torches get?
- 9 Can butane canisters explode?
- 10 What happens if butane gets on your skin?
- 11 Is butane safe to store indoors?
- 12 Can you leave butane in a hot car?
- 13 What happens if butane gets cold?
- 14 How much butane is lethal?
- 15 How do you know when butane lighter is full?
- 16 Can you top off a butane lighter?
- 17 How long does it take to fill up a lighter with butane?
- 18 How do you fix a butane torch that won’t light?
- 19 How do you unclog a torch lighter?
- 20 How do you fix a lighter that won’t light?
- 21 How hot does a plumbers torch get?
- 22 What are butane torches used for?
- 23 Can you braze with a butane torch?
- 24 How long does 8oz of butane last?
- 25 How long do butane bottles last?
- 26 What happens if you get butane on your hands?
- 27 What happens if you breathe in too much butane?
- 28 How do you know if butane is empty?
- 29 What is safer butane or propane?
- 30 Does butane freeze in winter?
- 31 Do butane cans leak?
- 32 How do you store butane canisters in your car?
- 33 Can I leave a torch in my car?
- 34 What happens if you accidentally inhaled lighter fluid?
- 35 Is butane safe in deodorant?
- 36 Why is my butane spraying everywhere?
- 37 How do you bleed a torch lighter?
- 38 What is the screw on the bottom of a butane lighter?
- 39 Do you have to purge a butane lighter?
- 40 How do I refill a butane lighter?
- 41 Why is my butane torch hissing?
10 Best Iwatani Butane Torch
10 Best Iwatani Butane Torch Reviews
- Iwatani top quality butane torch is backed by a 1-year manufacturer (butane not included)
- Easy to use butane torch - adjustable flame size and shape to concentrate the flame as much or as little as you need, one touch piezo ignition, and stabilizing plate for your safety
- Kitchen Torch perfect for roasting and charring vegetables, glazing ham, browning and crisping toppings, melting cheese and of course producing the sugary crust on crème Brulee, meringues and pastries
- Sous vide Torch that adds complex flavors, and wonderful texture to perfectly finish off your steaks, fish, chicken and vegetables in just a few minutes
- Portable Torch that’s perfect for camping, at home, professional, culinary school, and BBQ’s just twist and it locks in place
- Adjustable Gas Flow Control for small to large flame size and Air regulating knob.
- FOOD TORCH USES: Crème Brulee torch, Meringue, Au Gratin, Browning Meat, Sous Vide, Melting Cheese, Skinning Peppers, Tomatoes & Eggplant. Corn on the Cob.
- RELIABLE PIEZO TRIGGER IGNITION. No need to keep brulee torch trigger in once lit.
- A Restaurant Quality Torch for Home Cooks, DIY, Plumbers, Camping.
- Use with Iwatani Cassette Gas
- Adjustable Gas Flow Control for small to large flame size and Air regulating knob
- FOOD TORCH USES: Creme Brulee torch, Meringue, Au Gratin, Browning Meat, Sous Vide, Melting Cheese, Skinning Peppers, Tomatoes and Eggplant. Corn on the Cob.
- RELIABLE PIEZO TRIGGER IGNITION. No need to keep brulee torch trigger in once lit.
- A Restaurant Quality Torch that is also great for Home Cooks!
- Professional Quality Food Culinary Torch: It is suitable for professional and creative family cooks. It is widely used in the processing of delicious caramel desserts, meat barbecue, cigar lighter, small handicraft and so on.It can use any manufacturers butane canister what has a metal ring around the top of it with about a 1/2" slit missing.(Canister with snap joint)
- Safety & EASY Butane Gas Torch Head: Adjustable flame size and shape to concentrate the flame as much or as little as you need, one touch piezo ignition, and stabilizing plate for your safety.
- Adjustable and 360 Degree Reverse Use Cooks Culinary Torch: Adjustable flame intensity temperature can reach up to 1300 c/2500 F to meet various needs, you can choose the different flame according to your requirement(Soft fire or Spit fire).
- Light Up with Piezo Ignition Technology: Just press to light fire, easy to operate with the gas flow regulator and air flow control valve cooking torch, can be flame intensity controlled, close the valve switch, the flame goes off!
- 100% RISK-FREE and No Reason To Return: FunOwlet is committed to provide the best quality kitchen products in the market and customer’s satisfaction is our #1 priority. We trust and stand by our distinctive torch. This is why our blow torch is covered with NO Questions, NO Hassle Return for 90 Days and 2-year free service!The best gifts for women men (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Birthday)! So, order now and consider getting our ever popular and safest torch for your family and friend too.
- [Flame control / temperature control] You can freely adjust the strength and shape of the flame. In addition, it can be adjusted from a soft flame of 900 ° C to a strong concentrated flame of 1300 ° C according to the application. It is very suitable for outdoor activities and camping because it finishes deliciously in a short time without letting the taste of the material escape.
- [High quality material] This product is a combination of copper crater, high quality stainless steel crater conduit and heat insulating porcelain, and can be used for a long time without being deformed even by a strong concentrated flame at 1300 ℃. The durable plastic lever is easy on the hands and does not slip easily. It has a simple design but is practical.
- [Outstanding ease of use] Adopting electronic ignition, operation is easy and safe. In addition, to prevent burns, the flame adjustment button is installed at the back, and it can be adjusted while using a burner, considering safety.
- [Versatile] Very popular from kitchen to outdoor such as Creme, Brulee, BBQ, Camp, Baking, Jewelry welding.
- 【After-Sale Service & Warranty】 1 months no reason money-back guarantee and 12 moths replacement warranty, 24 hours quick reply. We are always dedicated to provide good quality products and service, if you are not satisfied with our product for any reason, contact us anytime we will always be here to help you, rest assured to buy.
- Adjustable flame with a maximum temperature of 2700°F to accommodate many cooking needs
- Pistol-like piezo igniter for easy operation
- KITCHEN TORCH WITH 2 BUTANE CANS INCLUDED - Take your meal prep to the next level with the Jo Chef Superior RX Butane Torch. Your NEW kitchen torch comes with 2 butane fuel refill canisters so you can use it right out the box! The adjustable flame reaches temperatures up to 2,370°F.
- SAFE FOR EVEN A CULINARY NOVICE – We crafted our culinary torch out of professional-grade materials, providing you with a safe and easy-to-use tool. Complete with multiple safety locks and an adjustable flame function, the JoChef torch allows you to set fire to your culinary aspirations while maintaining a safe and clean kitchen.
- MORE THAN JUST ANOTHER KITCHEN UTENSIL – While you’ll no doubt be using your culinary torch to create mesmerizing meals, you can also use it on things outside of the kitchen! It’s the perfect tool for welding small plastics, perfectly processing jewelry, or other DIY projects around the house. And once you’re done whipping up a Michelin-quality meal, you can sit back, relax, and use the torch to light one of your favorite cigars or candles.
- TURN UP THE HEAT ON YOUR GIFT-GIVING – Once you discover the difference our culinary torch can make in the kitchen, you’ll want to share it with all of your friends and family! We don’t flame you – in fact, we encourage it! Your torch arrives in a deluxe gift box, so there’s no need for wrapping. Whether you are celebrating the marriage of close friends, or welcoming a family member to their new home, the JoChef Torch is sure to be a memorable and appreciated gift for many meals to come.
- ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE – If the lure of homemade desserts isn’t enticing enough, your purchase comes with a BONUS FREE 23 Recipe eBook and a 90-day money back guarantee. So, go ahead - give our torch a try! If you don’t absolutely love it, we will gladly refund your purchase. No questions asked.
- ►Safe and Durable: The safety lock prevents accidental ignition. A broad base helps to prevent it from falling over. Long angled nozzle and burn-free finger guard keep your hand safely away from the flame. We crafted our culinary torch out of professional-grade materials, providing you with a safe and easy-to-use tool.
- ►Refillable and Easy to Operate: Refill the kitchen torch with any brand of butane. Please note that butane gas is not included. Simply slide the security lock to open, light up with Piezo Ignition Technology. It is a portable mini torch that you can take for many outdoor activities like camping and BBQ.
- ►Great Versatile Gift: The crème brûlée torch is ideal for caramelizing sugar atop creme brulee, glazing a baked ham, searing a steak, roasting bell peppers, melting cheese, and toasting breadcrumbs. It is also useful for lighting your fireplace, candles, or cigars, for hobbies, arts and crafts projects, jewelry making, welding, for multiple camping applications, dabs, and much more.
- ►Adjustable Flame and Continuous Flame Mode: Piezo Ignition Technology allows for use at any angle, even upside down with effortless one-hand operation, adjustable temperature regulator for complete control of the flame, and allows the flame temperature to reach up to 1300 °C/2372 °F. Press the button to light the fire, turn the safety lock clockwise at the same time, then it will keep firing without your pressing. Baking, cooking is much easier.
- ►Fits ALL Butane Tanks: Are you still worried about not knowing which tank type to choose? Don’t worry; the Sondiko kitchen butane torch fits any brand of butane gas, whether long nozzle or short nozzle! This torch can be directly modified for the long nozzle gas tank. For a gas tank with a short nozzle, add the red adapter included in the box to lengthen the nozzle, then refill the torch.
- Max. Flame Temp : Approx. 2552 °F/1400 °C
- Useful design ・Ignition lever is placed at the rear and ignited by grasping it in palm of the hand, it can be easy to grasp.
- Flame shape adjustment knob is for adjusting flame shape from spread to pointed.
- Eliminate flame adjustment knob、Ignition by one action（only holding the lever）
- Ignite when grasped, extinguish when released
- Safety & EASY To Use Flame Torches: Adjustable flame size and shape to concentrate the flame as much or as little as you need, one touch piezo ignition, and stabilizing plate for your safety.
- Portable Butane Torches Multi-Use: It is suitable for professional and creative family cooks. It is widely used in the processing of delicious caramel desserts, meat barbecue, charring vegetables, glazing ham, cigar lighter, small handicraft and so on.
- Adjustable and 360 Degree Reverse Use Cooks Culinary Torchs: Adjustable flame intensity temperature can reach up to 1300 c/2500 F to meet various needs, you can choose the different flame according to your requirement(Soft fire or Spit fire).
- Light Up with Piezo Ignition Technology: Just press to light fire, easy to operate with the gas flow regulator and air flow control valve cooking food torch, can be flame intensity controlled, close the valve switch, the flame goes off!
- 100% RISK-FREE and No Reason To Return: FunOwlet is committed to provide the best quality kitchen products in the market and customer’s satisfaction is our #1 priority.We trust and stand by our distinctive torch. This is why our pastry torch is covered with NO Questions, NO Hassle Return for 90 Days and 2-year free service!The best gifts for women men (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Birthday)! So, order now and consider getting our ever popular and safest torch for your family and friend too
How long do butane torches last?
It is the length of time a given butane torch burns on a full fuel tank, as it depends on its fuel capacity and fuel-burning efficiency. The burning time range will be from 30 minutes to 1 hour (for standard torch) and 3 – 5 hours (for industrial torches).
How safe are butane torches?
As long as you follow proper protocols, butane torches are relatively safe. However, there are a few cardinal rules: Never expose the fuel source to direct heat, as it can cause the butane to explode. Never leave an auto-start propane torch in a place that is accessible to children.
Can a butane torch explode?
As a highly flammable and pressurized gas, it’s possible that butane may explode if exposed to heat or used improperly.
Can you shake butane cans?
While this is fine practice with a deodorant spray or air freshener it is NOT OK to shake your can of butane right before you refill your butane lighter! Shaking the can increases the amount of propellant in the mixture that goes into the lighter tank.
Why do torch lighters quit working?
Make sure that there is no debris, dirt or lint clogging or blocking the lighter’s operation. Even a small amount of debris can stop a lighter from functioning correctly. Exercise care when checking for blockages and keep your fingers well away from the igniter.
How hot do butane torches get?
Butane torch Butane torches are ideal for simple home improvement and cooking projects. They can meld metals and wiring, loosen stuck mechanical fasteners and fix plumbing issues. This torch burns at approximately 2,610 degrees.
Can butane canisters explode?
If used or stored incorrectly gas canisters can build up pressure and explode. The main two reasons for a gas canister explosion are: Use of oversized pot or pan covering the cartridge compartment of gas cooker causing a build up of pressure in the cartridge. Direct and indirect exposure to a heat source.
What happens if butane gets on your skin?
Contact with liq- uefied n-butane can cause eye and skin bums (frostbite). 2. Chronic exposure: Visual hallucinations, irritability, and social withdrawal have been reported with chronic exposure, Cardiac sensitization may also be possible.
Is butane safe to store indoors?
Butane must be stored indoors at all times. It should be locked away (if applicable) and kept out of reach of small children and pets. Due to their smaller size, butane canisters can be stored in large drawers, cupboards, garages, closets and utility storerooms.
Can you leave butane in a hot car?
Don’t store them in the car. Hide them in the engine compartment or under the car. I don’t even store butane in my house. Hopefully they have a pressure relief valve that they don’t actually explode but I still would not store them in the vehicle.
What happens if butane gets cold?
Any temperature lower than -216.4 °F (-138 °C) will be too cold for butane. It ceases to function when the temperature surrounding it exceeds its freezing point. However, butane slows down vaporization at 31.28 °F (-0.4 °Celsius), meaning conditions that go lower than 32 °F can make butane unusable.
How much butane is lethal?
Exposure to butane at 270,000 ppm for 2 h was lethal to 4 of 10 mice; the average time of death was 84 min. Exposure at 310,000 ppm was lethal to 60% of the mice, and the average time of death was 65 min.
How do you know when butane lighter is full?
With the stem of the can fit into the valve of the lighter, pump a few 3-second bursts to spray the butane into the lighter. You can tell that the lighter is full because the butane will start to leak from the stem and won’t go into the lighter. Depending on how empty the lighter is, it may take 2-3 bursts to fill it.
Can you top off a butane lighter?
It’s almost impossible to “top-off” a butane lighter. After filling you’ll notice that the can and the lighter will be very cold. Wait three to five minutes before igniting the lighter. This permits any excess butane to evaporate, and will bring the liquid gas up to room temperature.
How long does it take to fill up a lighter with butane?
By turning the can upside down, the butane is shifted closest to the fuel nozzle as you prepare to insert it into the valve on your lighter. Push the nozzle into the valve for about 5 or 10 seconds while the lighter fills.
How do you fix a butane torch that won’t light?
Place the fill nozzle of a butane fuel can against the lighter’s fuel-fill valve. Push the can against the lighter for at least 10 seconds to transfer the butane to the lighter.
How do you unclog a torch lighter?
Use compressed air to clean the burner of the lighter. This is important as the compressed air should effectively remove the thick residue left behind by butane, smoke, and ash. If not cleaned, the burner can become clogged and the lighter will cease to function.
How do you fix a lighter that won’t light?
Look for rust, debris, or dirt. If you’ve left a lighter outside for a long period of time the metal wheel on top might be rusted in place. If it won’t spin, it won’t light. If there is only dirt and debris inside the lighter you might be able to clean it out with your fingers or a pipe cleaner and get it going again.
How hot does a plumbers torch get?
When used in the open air, a propane-oxygen torch reaches a maximum temperature of 3,623 degrees Fahrenheit or 1,995 degrees Celsius.
What are butane torches used for?
Butane torches are frequently employed as kitchen gadgets to caramelize sugar in cooking, such as when making crème brûlée. They may be marketed as kitchen torches, cooking torches, or culinary torches.
Can you braze with a butane torch?
Can you weld with a butane torch? No, butane torches do not reach a high enough level of heat and energy to be able to braze or weld metals efficiently. A butane blowtorch simply does not get hot enough to affect the metal.
How long does 8oz of butane last?
Each 8 oz. butane canister will burn for approximately 2 hours at high heat and 4 hours at simmer to provide you with all of the cooking power you need.
How long do butane bottles last?
The 8 oz butane canister will last for 1.5 hours on high flame and 3 hours on low fame when used with a 7650 BTU portable butane camping stove.
What happens if you get butane on your hands?
Skin Contact: Contact with gas/liquid escaping the container can cause frostbite and freeze burns. Eye Contact: Contact with gas/liquid escaping the container can cause frostbite, freeze burns, and permanent eye damage.
What happens if you breathe in too much butane?
Butane gas inhalation is linked with serious tragic outcomes ranging from transient cardiac arrhythmias to complete cardiac arrests and also involves multiple neurological outcomes. The public population must be educated about the dangers of this gas and its bad outcomes and should be recommended to stay away from it.
How do you know if butane is empty?
How will I know when it is empty and needs to be replaced? Will it die suddenly or will the heat slowly decrease towards the end? Pour warm water down the side of the can and feel where it gets cool. That is the exact amount of propane you have left.
What is safer butane or propane?
Butane is a lot safer than propane. Butane is non-toxic, while propane is flammable and toxic, so it is more dangerous to the atmosphere. Butane also evaporates less than propane, which means that butane can be stored where it cannot be stored for use in a stove.
Does butane freeze in winter?
For butane gas, the freezing point is around -140 degrees Celsius, but the boiling point of butane is -2 degrees Celsius so your blue butane gas cylinder might not work as effectively in colder weather as low temperatures make it difficult to produce gas vapour.
Do butane cans leak?
Popular on camping trips, aboard boats, in cooking demos and buffet restaurants, portable burner butane stoves are useful but can also be dangerous. Flaws in design can cause fires and even explosions of these devices. Additional dangers include sudden pressure releases, overheating, and gas leakage.
How do you store butane canisters in your car?
Safe Storage: Butane gas canisters should be stored out of direct sunlight in a cool area. Ensure storage is in a well-ventilated space away from flammable liquids and aerosols.
Can I leave a torch in my car?
Flashlight Enthusiast As long as the cells (or device they’re in) are out of direct sunlight, they should be OK.
What happens if you accidentally inhaled lighter fluid?
Burns in the airway or gastrointestinal tract can lead to tissue necrosis, resulting in infection, shock, and death, even several months after the substance was first swallowed. Scars may form in these tissues leading to long-term difficulties with breathing, swallowing, and digestion.
Is butane safe in deodorant?
The safety of Butane, Isobutane, Propane and Isopentane has been assessed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Expert (CIR) Panel. The CIR Expert Panel evaluated scientific data and concluded that Butane, Isobutane, Isopentane and Propane were safe as a cosmetic ingredients under present practices…
Why is my butane spraying everywhere?
When a lighter is completely full, and the pressure in the tank is equal to the pressure in the can, some butane will spray out around the tube when the valve is depressed and released.
How do you bleed a torch lighter?
To bleed, hold the lighter in a vertical, upright position. Depress the filler valve with a small screwdriver, until all fuel is expelled and the hissing stops. Shake lighter, then repeat to ensure it is completely bled. Do not put lighter close to ear when checking glass flow rate, to avoid accidental burn.
Lighter flame level to the minimum: Most butane lighters come with a screw on the bottom that works as the flame intensity regulator. The adjusting screw is a large brass screw with a slot for a screwdriver. There are some other types of lighters that may have a wheel to adjust the flame height instead of a screw.
Do you have to purge a butane lighter?
Well this is because the butane is trying to ignite, but because oxygen is not as flammable as butane, the oxygen from the chamber blows the flame out. To prevent this from happening, you need to purge the air so that only butane is released.
How do I refill a butane lighter?
Why is my butane torch hissing?
The butane lighter needs a refill because it’s low on fluid. If the lighter makes a hissing sound, turn the flame adjustment down. The setting on the flame may be too high. The hissing noise shows that the lighter is leaking.